Experienced Family Immigration Lawyer in Greensboro

Most immigrants who come to the United States—whether it’s alone or with members of their family—dream of eventually having the whole household together in one place. A Family Immigration Services I-130 Lawyer, like Neelam Bhardwaj, can help. She’ll work to help make the American dream a reality. If you have any questions about Family-Based Petitions or Family Immigration Services, Neelam Bhardwaj can assist you and make sure you have everything you need to get the U.S. family immigration process started.

U.S. Family Immigration Services for Immediate Family Members

Although there are options for non-immediate family members, it’s easier for immediate members of the household to gain permanent resident status. This includes:

  • Spouses of U.S. citizens
  • Unmarried children of U.S. citizens who are under 21 years old
  • Parents of U.S. citizens (Keep in mind that the petitioning citizen must be 21 or older.)

Visas are always available for immediate relatives of United States residents. This means your family member will not have to wait in line for a visa. Immediate relatives who are already in the United States can file Form I-485, or an Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, while they file a Form I-130. If you have any questions about this process, contact Neelam Bhardwaj. For over two decades, she has been helping immigrants and their families understand Family Immigration Services and obtain the documentation they need for a prosperous and happy life in the United States.

“I was relocated to the United States in 2001 by my employer, Magnussen Home Furnishings (Canada), to open a branch office in Greensboro, NC. The Law Office of Neelam Bhardwaj helped me attain an L visa in which to work in the U.S. and subsequently Neelam’s office filed a multinational executive petition for me which enabled myself and my family to apply for permanent resident status (green card). My wife and I are currently in the process of filing for our U.S. citizenship and Neelam’s office has been very helpful in the entire process of attaining work visas and guiding us through the application of US citizenship.Neelam and her team have provided a seamless transition in relocation to United States and have taken the guesswork out of the application process. I would recommend the services of Neelam and her team.”
Nathan Cressman (Canada to Greensboro, NC)

An I-130 Lawyer in North Carolina Can Help Family Members Who Are Not Immediate Relatives

Preference categories apply to unmarried adult sons and daughters of U.S. citizens who are 21 or older; spouses of green card holders and unmarried children of permanent residents who are under 21 years of age; unmarried adult sons and daughters of permanent residents; married sons and daughters (regardless of their age) of U.S. citizens; and brothers and sisters of adult U.S. citizens. The assigned visas for these categories are subject to annual numerical limits. This means a visa becomes available to a preference category based on the priority date the Form I-130 was filed on. However, special conditions may apply if you or a member of your family is in the United States military. Hiring an immigration attorney with decades of experience handling the I-130 petition process like Neelam Bhardwaj can help.

Explaining the I-130 Petition Process

An immigrant who becomes a lawful permanent United States resident is considered a foreign national who may permanently live and work in the U.S. If you or one of your family members is seeking the same status because you have a relative who is a citizen of the United States or a lawful permanent resident, that relative in the U.S. will need to sponsor you or one of your family members. They must also prove that he/she has enough income and assets to support you and any other family members seeking United States permanent resident status.

If your relative is already in the U.S., they may apply to adjust their status to become a Green Card holder, or lawful permanent resident, after a visa number becomes available using the Form I-485.

However, if your relative is living outside the United States, your Family-Based Petition will be sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will then forward it to the appropriate U.S. consulate when a visa becomes available and your relative will be advised on how to proceed. Your family member’s preference category will determine how long they’ll have to wait for an immigrant visa number. The process can be tricky and requires a lot of steps. That’s why you need a passionate and successful I-130 Lawyer like Neelam Bhardwaj. She will make sure you have taken the right steps and filled out the right forms with the proper documentation so you don’t have to wait any longer than you need to to become a permanent resident of the United States.

The process begins with Family-Based Petitions. First, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) must approve an I-130 Petition for an Alien Relative. This establishes the family relationship that exists between you and your relative(s). Sometimes the I-130 can also be filed together with an application for permanent residence, which is officially known as Form I-485, or Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Your sponsoring relative must file this for you and any other members of your family who plan to emigrant to the United States.

Next after the I-130 Petition for an Alien Relative has been filed, most sponsors will need to prove that he or she has adequate funds or assets to support the intending immigrant(s), and accept legal responsibility for financially supporting their family member(s). They can do this by completing and signing a document called an Affidavit of Support. Once this is complete, it’s time for the intending immigrant(s) to apply for their immigrant visa.

Family Immigration Lawyer in Greensboro, North Carolina

Obtaining an I-130 Visa can be a difficult process and if it’s done incorrectly you could be waiting for weeks or even months. That’s why it’s important to have an I-130 Lawyer in North Carolina on your side who knows the U.S. Green Card application process and can step in should any problems arise. If you’re looking for an experienced immigration attorney with knowledge in Family Immigration Services and Family-Based Petitions in North Carolina, contact Neelam Bhardwaj, an immigration lawyer with over a decade of experience.

Translate »